STREAM 1: Policy & Leadership cont.
Welcome from the Chair
Journalist and Broadcaster, host of Radio 1’s
Taking stock…and leading change
Our opening session will reflect on where we are now on the Sláintecare roadmap, the reality of what healthcare looks like today and the key leadership challenges going forward:
- As not envisaged by Slaintecare: Should private medicine remain a central part of Ireland’s public health system?
- Leading complex system change and realising the potential of integrated care to improve service design and delivery
- Beating the backlog: How do we bring the HSE back on track?
- Tackling the access challenge
- Unleashing the power of regional and local leadership
CEO, Tallaght University Hospital
Consultant, non-profit board member and Slaintecare Healthy Communities Programme Mentor
Brian Dolan OBE
Director, Health Service 360, Honorary Professor of Leadership in Healthcare, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work, University of Salford, Manchester
Leadership, governance and strategy consultant, Business Post columnist, Chartered Director, Board Chair, Strategic Advisor, former Director General, HSE
Combining AI tools with clinical coaching to predict and prevent clinical crises and hospital admissions
How the pioneering use of AI-powered predictive analytics could be implemented in healthcare systems in Ireland, and how it may be set to transform the delivery of healthcare resources and patient outcomes.
Data Scientist, HN
Prof Matthew Cooke
Advisor in digital health, emergency care and innovation
Healthcare and climate change: Moving from policy to action
The health service has the highest carbon emissions of any public body. What is our plan to transform healthcare into a climate resilient sector that protects public health from climate change and accelerates the transition to a low-carbon economy?
Consultant spine surgeon, Irish Doctors for the Environment
Chief Executive Officer, HealthTech Ireland
Dr. Ina Kelly
Consultant in Public Health Medicine, Medical Officer of Health in Health Protection, Chair of Public Health Medicine Environment & Health Group, HSE
Culture, training and development: Supporting recruitment and retention
- The changes needed to improve retention in the HSE
- How training and education could positively impact recruitment and retention
- How a culture of compassion and inclusivity can attract new people to work for the HSE and also create the conditions for people to flourish
Principal Automation Advocate at OpenSky Data Systems
Assistant National Director, National Doctors Training and Planning (NDTP), HSE
Dr. Rachel McNamara
Medical Doctor, National Fellow for Innovation and Change, HSE
Dr. Chris Luke
Adjunct Senior Lecturer in Public Health, UCC, columnist, podcaster, author